Frugal Valentine’s Day Ideas
Are you still at a loss for a nice Valentine’s Day idea that is budget friendly and romantic. Here are several frugal Valentine’s Day ideas:
- Plan an un-fancy fancy meal. What? Let me explain ~ Break out the nice silverware, linens, dishes, candles and soft music, but prepare a simple meal one that is easy and doesn’t require expensive ingredients or a great deal of time. It’s easy to forget staying at home can be enjoyable if we use candles with a quiet dinner together, relaxing and enjoying each others company. Buy a fancy dessert as added fun to the end of dinner. The meal doesn’t have to be fancy, the extra special dessert is enough.
- Pack a blanket, hot chocolate in a thermos and go to the park at night. Enjoy each others company and swing!
- Make a yummy dessert together. It can be fun and romantic. Pick a Valentine’s Recipe
- After kids are in bed dessert. Buy ice cream, chocolate and whip cream and enjoy dessert late.
- Go ice skating or roller skating. Think about how long it has been that you have done something like this! It can be a lot of laughs to watch each other learn to skate again.
- Find the old fashioned photo booth at the mall and take silly pictures. Put the picture strip on the refrigerator and it will be a fun reminder all year of your time together.
- Celebrate late (or a day early)! Pick the 15th (or 13th). Get a discount on all Valentine’s things the day after. Miss the crowd & take advantage of the early bird special for dinner by going before 6pm!
What ideas can you add to this list?
Do share your frugal Valentine’s Day ideas.