Quick Chocolate Chip Bars
*Use the Nestles Chocolate Chip Coupon too!
This is an amazing recipe! Fast & Yummy! Literally, takes me 5 minutes to gather ingredients and get bars in the oven. This is a ‘go to’ recipe when the twins want to make something yummy and mommy doesn’t! They help out measuring and stirring. I have made this recipe many times when Mr. Camera Man lets me know he volunteered me to bring dessert, but forgot to tell me!! 🙂
(Preheat oven to 300° now. It will be ready when you are)
- 1 ½ cups flour
- 1 ½ cups brown sugar (Sugar may be cut down by ½, your preference)
- 1 ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil or canola
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup chocolate chips (oops, more fell in, oh well)
- Combine dry ingredients. Lightly mix.
- Add all the remaining ingredients and stir until combined.
- Grease a 10 x 15 pan and press dough into pan with hands or spatula. It may look like it will not spread well and that you have some bald spots but do not worry it covers the pan well as it bakes.
- Bake at 300° for 20-30 minutes*, or until a very light brown. You don’t want to over bake these unless you want it to be like Biscotti. If you want Chocolate Chip Biscotti, then bake longer!
*It depends on your oven. Bars are done when the top is slightly shiney and glistens.
If you want chewy bars, then increase recipe 1 ½ times and increase baking time by about 7 minutes.
Extreme Couponing Tip: Find recipes based around sale items. I search at All Recipes, under ingredients.