No Churn Strawberry Ice Cream
Be frugal by using seasonal fruit. Since strawberries are in season from June – September, and pretty inexpensive compared to other times of the year making this a perfect time to capitalize on the low strawberry prices.
This is a super simple and frugal recipe that does NOT require an ice cream freezer or a long churning process. It is something you can make with the kids.
Gather a food processor or blender AND your mixer plus a big bowl.
3 Step Strawberry Ice Cream
3 Cups Strawberries (or berry of your choice)
1 1/2 tsp lemon juice
1 1/2 cups heavy cream
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 can sweetened condensed milk (NOT evaporated milk)
- With food processor, add strawberries and lemon juice. Blend until finely chopped and a little liquified.
- With mixer, whip 1 1/2 C heavy cream and 2 tsp vanilla extract until soft peaks form (about 5 minutes). When peaks have formed slowly mix in sweetened condensed milk.
- Mix strawberry mixture into cream mixture by slowly folding it in by hand. Slowly folding by hand will help to ensure the mixure to stay full fluffy and full of air.
Freeze until set and firm.
- If you want really pink strawberry ice cream, add a few drops of red food coloring.
- If you like little chunks of strawberries, add some very small diced pieces during folding in of the strawberry mixture.